Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Resolution

When I think back over the past year and consider what I would like to do differently this year, a few things come to mind. One is to get more physical activity. From the time I was in preschool until eighth grade, I played soccer on a rec league. The team I had stayed with the whole time (Blue Ice) quit playing together. I missed going to practices in the evening after finishing my homework and burning off the steam had built inside me all day. Now with much more homework than before and more time consuming activities, I don't get much time to exercise.

This next year, I would like to change that and get at least two hours of physical activity each week (not counting PE). I can accomplish this in a variety of ways. Some ideas are to work out at the YMCA, go for walks or jogs or to just go outside and shoot hoops. I could exercise during family activties, too, such as going on hikes. Even though there may be come weeks where it is nearly impossible to get two hours of exercise in, I could strive to make it up the next week so that it averages out to two hours. I hope I can make my ambition to become physically active last throughout the year 2010.

1 comment:

  1. hey sis, this is one of my resolutions too! we should keep each other accountable! six days into the new year and i am doing ... not so great ;). rain rain go away!

    ReplyDelete